New version of PlainOAuth, the example Twitter OAuth app for iPhone

June 25, 2010

In January, I released the no-bullshit Twitter-OAuth protocol writeup and the associated example app.

The project has been in need of an update for a long time. Back then, I didn’t really know that well what I was doing, and I had yet to use the code in a real product. I’ve since used it in Crème and it’s been fairly well battle-tested, but it also became apparent that the example needs to be restructured. I’m glad many people have found it useful as you can see from comments on those posts, and I’ve also gotten some questions about how to do some things that are unclear, such as GET requests. These are now much more clear in the example.

I just pushed the code to GitHub, just get it from the project page. Here is the change log:

Screenshot walkthrough of the new experience:

Screen shot 2010-06-24 at 22.55.34.png

Screen shot 2010-06-24 at 22.55.46.png

Screen shot 2010-06-24 at 22.55.50.png

Screen shot 2010-06-24 at 22.56.03.png

Screen shot 2010-06-24 at 22.56.10.png

Screen shot 2010-06-24 at 22.57.07.png